A.I. communication in industrial environments
Qrobot sets a new frontier in programming of automated machines in production lines. Qrobot allows a remote operator equipped with a simple smartphone/handset to program and command vocally from a different location, a multiple axis articulated programmable robot in a variety of situations and production requirements.
Qrobot system “humanises” the man-to-machine-to-man bidirectional communication, making the robot answer the phone, interpret and execute with no fault the requests from the operator in natural language and in accordance to the specific operational steps of an established process.
Developed in collaboration with COMAU, a leading global company in industrial automation and robotics, Qrobot respond to the need for a smart, reliable, safe communication channel between an operator and a robot. Qrobot is based on the architecture of Quintetto’s Qcast system interconnected with the control logic of the machine.
The application environment integrates speech-to-text e text-to-speech functions, and an A.I. system that provides support for the interpretation of natural (human) talk in several languages.
Qrobot standard operation use case:
1. The operator selects an active robot from the contact list in the smartphone and calls it.
2. The robot accepts the call. If busy, it places the call on hold informing the operator that: (i) it will resume the call asap; (ii) it will close the call and call back later.
3. When the robot picks up the call, a remote camera starts streaming the robot action to the operator.
4. The work session consists of vocal commands sent from the operator to the robot for their execution: e.g. a) use the pliers tool; b) take one piece from container 1 of line 2; c) fix it in position 3; (d) and so on.
5. The operator verifies that each command has been executed properly on his/her smartphone screen.
6. The operator asks the robot to save the sequence of operations in a program that can be run multiple times later, upon his/her request.